About the Pediatric Neurosurgery Fund
> Government Funding
> Charities & Foundations
> School & Education Programs
> Accessible Fun & Facilities
> Clothing & Gear
Government Funding and Resources

Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) The AADL program helps Albertans with a long-term disability, chronic illness or terminal illness to maintain their independence at home, in lodges or group homes by providing financial assistance to buy medical equipment and supplies. Website

*This service provides things like walkers, diapers, limb braces , specialized seating, catheters, wound and ostomy supplies etc. Each year you pay a maximum of $500 for your needs. You may qualify for cost share exemption (permanent or temporary based on your income or other extenuating circumstances.)

Early Intervention *Must Call

Prevention and Early Intervention Services funded by the Edmonton and Area Child and Family Services Authority provide a wide range of family-centered, community-based programs and services for families. Preventative programming for children, youth and families encourages healthy outcomes. Families can access appropriate resources to build on their strengths and to increase their support systems.

*Early intervention workers are great resources and help advocate for your child for programming. Please click on the link below to find the office closest to you:

Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD)

The Family Support for Children with Disabilities (FSCD) Program provides a broad range of proactive and family-centered supports that assist families to care for and promote the healthy growth and development of their child with a disability.

Phone Number: 780-427-4354     

*This is a big one. Take the time to fill out the paperwork or have a social worker help you. You do need to have a confirmed diagnosis for your child. This program offers assistance for respite care, shoes, homemaking, mileage, parking, and other services.

Health Link Alberta

This is a 24 hour, 7 day a week province wide nurse telephone advice and health information service. Call toll free 1-866-408-link, Edmonton Capital Health Link 780-408-link, Calgary Health Region 780-943-link

*If your child is sick and you are calling for health advice you must be with your child so they can do an assessment with you over the phone.

Parent Link Centres:

Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program - RRAP for Persons with Disabilities

The Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program - RRAP for Persons with Disabilities offers financial assistance to allow homeowners and landlords to pay for modifications to make their property more accessible to persons with disabilities.

Phone Number: 1-800-668-2642

Disability Parking Placard:


Disability Tax Credit

The disability amount is a non-refundable tax credit that a person with a severe and prolonged impairment in physical or mental functions can claim to reduce the amount of income tax he or she has to pay in a year. You and your practitioner will need to fill out FORM T2201, DISABILITY TAX CREDIT CERTIFICATE.

Phone Number: 1-800-387-1193
Forms are available at:

Registered Disability Savings program *Take the time to look into this

A registered disability savings plan (RDSP) is a savings plan to help parents and others save for the long-term financial security of a person who is eligible for the disability tax credit

Phone Number: 1-800-387-1193

*Once you receive this certificate from the Government, this program can be set up at any banking institution but in order to set this up your child must have a SIN (social insurance number) of their own and complete a Guide RC4460, Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) Attached are the phone numbers and links for both forms.

Form T2201 Disability Tax credit Certificate

Phone Number: 1-800-387-1193

Social Insurance Number

Phone Number: 1-800-206-7218